Given the recent demise of SunRocket, I thought this little how-to might be of use for those who were left holding their ata and are interested in switching over to one of my favorite VoIP providers, InPhonex.
How to Unlock SunRocket Gizmo for use with InPhonex
STEP 1Disconnect your WAN port from the gizmo.STEP 2 Open your browser with Internet Explorer. Go to Â» 192.168.251.1/Voice_adminPage.htm – the IP Address will verify if you changed the default settings in the gizmo. If so, use that address, but DO NOT FORGET the /Voice_adminPage.htm at the end.STEP 3 Login using your admin password. If you do not know the password, they can be found at gizmopasswords.blogspot.comHere is one example:Login: adminPassword: slapshot
Turn off provisioning if you have not done this already. To do this, go to NETWORK -> Provisioning setting. Uncheck the “Enable Provisioning” box and hit the “Save and Reboot” button. After rebooting, you may not be able to login to the admin account since the reboot will default to index.htm. Hit CANCEL, and go to Â»192.168.251.1/Voice_adminPage.htm to login.
Go to VOIP -> SIP Proxy and enter these settings:
- SIP Proxy – sip.inphonex.com
- Uncheck “Use Outbound Proxy” box
- SIP Local Signaling Port: 5064
- SIP Domain: sip.inphonex.com
- Registration Expiration time: 60
- Preferred Codecs List: G729a
- Choose “NONE” for all others.
- Click “Save” button.
Go to VOIP -> User Account.
- Choose Line 1 from dropdown
- User ID: Your 7 digit InPhonex Virtual Phone Number
- Password: SIP password that you set (by default this is the same password you use to login to the InPhonex On-line Control Panel
- User Name: Same as User ID above
- Authentication ID: Leave this field Blank
- Use Hot Phone Number: NO
- Hot Phone Number:
- Use T38 FAX: Yes
- Click “Save” button
STEP 7 Reboot your cable/dsl modem, then reboot your gizmo, and power-cycle your phone (if it is a powered phone). Check under the “information” to see if line 1 is registered.
STEP 8 If your phone shows as registered, pick up the phone and make calls using InPhonex!